Airplane tickets. Check. Hotel reservations. Check. What are you forgetting? A relaxing, stress-free vacation starts with the preparations made before you leave. Checking these things off your to do list will make sure you will remain stress-free when you return.
- Unplug electronics: Unplugging electronics conserves energy, saves money and also protects against fires starting while you are gone.
- Stop mail service: Keep mail from piling up or being stolen and make sure you aren’t advertising to thieves that no one is home. Contact your local post office to have your mail held until you return.
- Check insurance policies: Make sure your policies are up-to-date and paid in case something was to happen while you are on vacation. Also check with your agent to see if your policy covers your belongings that you take with you on your trip.
- Contact credit card companies: Let your bank and credit card companies know you are traveling so they can expect charges from out of town or the country. You would hate to have a charge declined.
- Clean house: We know, you have a million things to do before you leave and cleaning your house is the last thing you want to do. But you will thank us when you come home from a long trip to a clean house. Taking out the garbage will also keep critters away.
- Put baking soda down toilets and drains: Avoid being welcomed home by the nasty smell of stagnant water. Pour about a cup of baking soda in your drains and toilets to keep them fresh.
- Clean out refrigerator: Speaking of smells…and interesting growths, clean out all perishable foods so there are no surprises when you return.
- Arrange for care of pets: While we know you would never leave town and abandon your pets, don’t wait until the last minute as kennels and pet care facilities fill up fast during the summer months.
- Schedule pet waste removal: Don’t forget the pet waste. Schedule to have your yard cleaned up before or during your trip so you come home to a clean yard ready for play. This is particularly important if you are having someone house sit and pet sit at your home. You don’t want it to pile up while you’re away.
Arrowhead Pooper Scoopers Dog Waste Clean-up Service makes life easier for dog owners, with complete cleanup and removal of all dog poop from yards, kennels and dog runs, because you have better things to do with your time! Starting at just $10 a week! We serve most of the Phoenix west valley, including Glendale, Peoria, Sun City, Sun City West and Surprise, plus parts of west Phoenix. Call us at 602-391-0160 or visit our website or Facebook page for more information.