APS Policies and Procedures, Updated 12-21-2017
Each Arrowhead Pooper Scoopers LLC (“APS”) Client hereby agrees to the following upon use of and payment for our APS poop scooping services:
1) STANDARDS: APS and its employees agree to provide services stated in this Agreement in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client holds harmless and expressly waives all claims against APS or its employees, unless arising from gross negligence on the part of APS.
2) AGGRESSIVE ANIMALS: APS will work with friendly animals in the yard; however, we will NOT work around aggressive animals. If we cannot access your yard or complete a scooping because of an aggressive animal, you will be notified and charged for the visit.
3) ACCESS: Please be sure the gate/access point is free of any obstructions (i.e. dogs, padlocks, lawn furniture, etc.) and is unlocked. If we cannot access your yard, you will be notified and charged for the visit.
4) DISINFECTION: APS agrees to disinfect all hands, shoes and tools after each visit to help maintain a safe environment for you and your animal by not spreading disease from yard to yard.
5) WASTE DISPOSAL: APS will bag all waste and place it in your trash can, unless other arrangements have been made for disposal.
6) DIARRHEA & LOOSE STOOLS: APS will collect diarrhea or other loose stools at an additional weekly fee of two dollars ($2.00), or you may choose to allow that waste to dry during the current week and be collected at no additional fee the following week. Diarrhea and loose stools significantly increase the time needed to scrape up and gather, extra time to clean our tools and shoes, plus disinfect, as well as to advise you of your dog’s possible health condition and risk of dehydration.
7) ACCESS TO WATER: APS may need access to water from an outdoor spigot to mix sanitizing, disinfecting and deodorizing solution while on-site at your home.
8) APPOINTMENT TIMES: APS will not accept time-specific calls, as we cannot guarantee specific times accurately. A 2-4 hour window is acceptable.
9) LOCKS: APS will not be responsible for any keys the client has asked to be mailed or held by APS. A lockbox or combination lock may be made available for access, if controlled access is required, but ownership of such lock will remain that of APS.
10) HOURS OF OPERATION: Business and scooping hours fall between dawn and dusk, Monday through Friday, and services are usually completed during this time unless we are behind schedule or our scooper has a health issue that requires a rescheduling.
11) TERMINATIONS: APS reserves the right to deny service or terminate service because of safety concerns, financial concerns, or inappropriate or uncomfortable situations.
12) VACATIONS: Please let us know if you AND your animal will be away and would like to put your service on hold. If your dogs will be left at home with a dog sitter in your absence, you may cancel service at no charge if the dog waste will be picked up by the sitter, but if the waste will be left for cleaning the following week, a double charge may be applied the following week.
13) HOLIDAYS & WEATHER: If your scheduled service day falls on a holiday or there is dangerous weather, we may reschedule or postpone until the following week. You may choose to scoop yourself during that week with no charge by APS or you may leave the waste for APS to collect the following week at double the weekly fee for collecting double the dog waste.
14) STAFFING OR OTHER CONFLICTS: If APS is unable to complete service due to staffing or other conflicts, we will attempt to give you twenty-four (24) hour notice and waive any charges for scheduled services that we were unable to provide. You may choose to scoop yourself during that week with no charge by APS or you may leave the waste for APS to collect the following week at double the weekly fee for collecting double the dog waste.
15) PAYMENTS & LATE FEES: Payment is expected by debit or credit card autopay on the day scooping services are rendered. All scooping charges on cards that fail or are declined will incur a one dollar ($1.00) per day late charge.
16) CANCELLATIONS: You may discontinue your service or change your service at any time by giving APS twenty-four (24) hours advanced notice. Cancellations must be received within 24 hours of scheduled visit or you will be charged the fee for that visit. You may choose to scoop yourself during that cancelled week with no charge by APS or you may leave the waste for APS to collect the following week at double the weekly fee for collecting double the dog waste. A $25 cancellation fee is also charged for all new account visits which are cancelled without 24 hours of notice.
17) APS GUARANTEE: APS guarantees its work and can be called for scooping touch-ups within twenty-four (24) hours after service, after which all work is final.
18) LANDSCAPING: You will be expected to turn off your grass sprinklers on the day of our service, plus maintain the length of your grass, and have leaves and other debris removed from your yard, so that we can successfully find and collect dog poop from your yard.
19) VACCINATIONS: You will maintain accurate and proper vaccination records for your dog(s) and make them available to APS for inspection, if requested or in the event of a dog bite/attack of an APS employee.
20) APPOINTMENT REMINDERS: APS sends all appointment reminders and client communications via email and SMS text messaging. Text messaging and data rates may apply to messages received.
21) REPORTING CHANGES: You agree to advise APS of any change in the number of dogs/pets on your premises during any given service week. If you have a visiting dog/pet that stays for more than 48 hours (2 days), you will be charged the weekly per-dog fee of two dollars ($2.00) for that animal. If you fail to report the proper number of dogs to our office within two (2) weeks of acquiring the dog/pet, we will charge an additional fee of ten dollars ($10.00) per dog/pet found/observed on your property, plus the weekly per-dog fee.
22) CONSUMER REVIEWS: Under the Consumer Review Fairness Act of 2016, APS will legally prohibit and will demand removal of consumer reviews that: 1) contain confidential or private information; 2) are libelous, harassing, abusive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or are inappropriate with respect to race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, or other intrinsic characteristic; 3) are unrelated to the company’s products or services; or 4) are clearly false or misleading.
Updated and effective as of December 21, 2017